National Chicken Noodle Soup Day
Five Food Finds about Chicken Noodle Soup
- Campbell’s first introduces ‘Chicken with Noodles’ soup in 1934
- During a radio program on “Amos ‘n Andy” Amos misread his script and said “Chicken Noodle Soup”. Within a few weeks, Campbell’s changed the name.
- Research has shown that each can of soup contains around 216 noodles measuring 32 to 34 feet of noodles.
- Campbell’s create over a million miles of noodles for soup per year. Enough to go around the Earth 40 times.
- According to the ingredients on the can, only 8% of the soup is chicken.
Extra Fact:In 1889 Campbell’s Soup labels adopted the crimson & white color scheme
in honor of the Cornell University Football Team.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1764 Charles Grey, 2nd Earl, was born. Earl Grey was supposedly given the recipe for Earl Grey Tea by a Chinese mandarin with…
View original post 161 more words